SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Frankfort Regional Medical Center (FRMC) is a 173 bed acute care hospital. We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Frankfort Regional offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, nursing clinical ladder, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
FRMC is one of only four Level III Trauma Centers
in Kentucky, and has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI
by the Society of Chest Pain Centers - setting the standard for excellence in emergency heart care. Frankfort Regional Medical Center attained Magnet®
recognition again in May 2016. Receiving Magnet recognition for the second time is a great achievement for Frankfort Regional Medical Center, as it continues to proudly belong to the global community of Magnet-recognized organizations. Just 430 U.S. health care organizations out of over 6,300 U.S. hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition.
Magnet recognition is the gold standard for nursing excellence and includes model elements for delivering superior patient care such as the quality of nursing leadership and coordination and collaboration across specialties, as well as processes for measuring and improving the quality and delivery of care.
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program
Medical, Dental, & Vision Package
Paid Time-Off Plan
Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount Program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Kentucky
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.