SHIFT: No Weekends
Performance Improvement Engineering Internship
This is an excellent opportunity for those who have an interest in using their problem-solving abilities to improve hospital operations. This internship provides support to HCA's Performance Improvement group with a focus on defining problems, collecting and measuring data, conducting analysis, recommending improvement items and developing control plans.
This 2020 full time summer internship is paid on an hourly basis with no relocation or housing provided. The program lasts for 10 weeks starting early June thru mid-August.
Example Job Duties:
• Research and observation of practices
• Reviewing, Analyzing, and presenting reports
• Supply and inventory transition analysis
• Process improvement of various functions
• Analysis of arrival patterns for the Emergency Department
• Compare Employee Engagement survey data with turnover data in each department
• Plan a new layout and execute a supply/inventory transition in an OR Sterile Core.
• Shadowing and report on findings of process improvements within departments
• Richmond, VA
• Austin, TX
• Denver, CO
• Las Vegas, NV
• Kansas City, MO
• San Antonio, TX
• Charleston, SC
• Franklin, TN
• Brentwood, TN
• St. Petersburg/Tampa, FL
• Tallahassee, FL
• Dallas, TX
• Houston, TX
• Salt Lake City, UT
• Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Asheville, NC
• Current Juniors enrolled in a bachelor degree program focused on Industrial Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
• Current Seniors graduating with a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with the plans to attend graduate school in the fall
• Current first year graduate students pursuing an MBA, MHA or MEM degrees who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Good “systems” thinker and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills (experience with Excel is a plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.