SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Chief Financial Officer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Chief Financial Officer
directs the financial and other departmental activities in accordance with defined hospital policies and objectives. Responsibilities include management of all financial departments, allocation of resources, and preparation of the annual budget. Departmental responsibility typically includes Accounting, Reimbursement, Managed Care, Health Information, and Utilization Review. Functions at an executive level in an active leadership role. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible to the Hospital CEO, and maintains business relationships with the Division CFO, Hospital CEO, COO, and CNO.
At HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center, our mission is to meet the health needs and expectations of the patients and communities that we serve. Our comprehensive medical specialties are here to offer individualized care to every individual that walks through our doors. Our hospital is located in the heart of central Houston, adjacent to the Medical Center and Museum District, and provides quality care for the greater Houston area.
Our emergency room is an 18-bed facility that is open 24/7. Our emergency room physicians, nurses and staff are trained to provide exceptional care in emergency, life-threatening situations. We also offer two intensive care units: surgical intensive care unit (SICU) and medical intensive care unit (MICU). These units are available to provide expert care for our most critical patients.
Develops Strategy By:
• Assuming a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
• Directing the preparation of internal financial reports, and ensuring that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
• Directing the timely submission of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third party payor cost reports.
• Identifying and reporting undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and making recommendations for action.
Manages Accounting & Financial Functions By:
• Assisting the CEO in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, productivity, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• Developing long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
• Directing the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
• Administering the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Providing informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical record functions. Monitoring performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Forecasting the impact of business decision and expected outcomes on all financial results.
• Monitoring financial and economic information to identify trends and indicators that may impact business operations, planning, investments, and so forth.
• Communicating financial operational performance with all stakeholders, including senior administration, appropriate facility staff members and Division Office.
• Reviewing of denials issues and trends for maximizing net reimbursement for Facility.
• Maintaining accuracy of charge master.
• Reviewing contracts, purchase agreements, and other financial arrangements to ensure compatibility with business goals and expectations about profitability.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance, or related field
•4+ years of experience in a Hospital Controller, Asst. CFO, or VP of Finance role Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Knowledge of financial management, analysis, principles and techniques and managerial skills
• Knowledge of HCA Information System
• Knowledge of financial markets (e.g., primary and secondary markets, monetary and fiscal policy, security analysis).
• Skill in communicating the goals of a work group or business unit to team members so that individual work behavior is aligned with broader strategies.
• Skill in conveying to others the feeling that their work is valued and that they are important members of the team.
• Skill in setting priorities and developing a work direction.
• Skill in recognizing the broad or long-term implications of business decisions and plans.
• Skill in recognizing strategic business opportunities resulting from changes in the economic, technological, political/legal, or social environments.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to work in a “matrix management” role with HCA Shared Services in accounts receivable management, materials management, payroll, IT&S, Clinical Services Group and others.
<p> cfoleadership </p>
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.