SHIFT: No Weekends
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Trauma Registry Coordinator provides support to the Trauma Director in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Trauma Services Department of Del Sol Medical Center. The Trauma Registry Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight of data collection, data analysis, data entry, data completion and data validation of all patients meeting inclusion criteria into the hospital trauma registry on a daily basis. The TRC will also ensure delivery of Trauma Center data to the American College of Surgeons (NTDB/TQIP), Border RAC regional trauma registry (Regional Advisory Council), and Department of State Health Services Trauma Registry in order to maintain trauma center designation. The TRC will establish processes for data concurrency and data validation in order to ensure that the database is not only current, but accurate. The TRC will monitor, motivate and assist in the training of the Trauma Registrar to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. The TRC should also maintain knowledge of all rules, regulations, laws, and guidelines that impact or govern the Trauma Registry and ensures that Del Sol Medical Center is in compliance. This position reports to the Trauma Program Administrative Director.
POPULATION SERVED: All employees, staff of DSMC in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and the community served.
- Directs all data entry of registry, data entry, ICD (9-10) coding knowledge, trauma scoring skills operating efficiently and effectively providing the services required to meet the needs of the regulatory oversight including the American College of Surgeon (ACS) National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB), Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Border RAC Regional Registry, New Mexico Department of Health Registry and medical staff achieving Registry integrity.
- Integrate various operational reports from the registry directing resources of registrars and PIPS Coordinators to support the continuum of care with Process improvement and patient safety objectives met.
- Responsible for ensuring staff training and education is adequate within units of responsibility and identified staff competencies are assessed and monitored as appropriate for trauma registry services.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of the trauma registry entry in collaboration with registrars reporting to the TRC and Administrative Director Trauma Services.
- Create custom reports supported by the trauma registry data as required by HCA financial reporting expectations for uncompensated trauma funding, corporate request for data, the Border RAC, American College of Surgeons and Texas Department of State Health Services to the all required (State, Regional, National Trauma Data Bank) trauma registry monthly.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors consistent with Del Sol Medical Center vision and values.
- Responsible for audits of all trauma records collecting data about severity of injury and patient outcomes.
- Work closely with Border RAC, to ensure that the Trauma Injury Prevention Program is consistent with Del Sol Medical Center outreach strategy.
- Participates in current legislative efforts that impact the Texas trauma registry, currently the trauma registry workgroup through DSHS.
- Provide multidisciplinary Trauma conferences every other month.
- Provide education on registry topics to hospitals in our RAC, Texas Trauma Coordinator Forum and facilities in our trauma catchment area.
- Articulates with Injury Prevention on implementation of the public education program.
- Perform chart audits that verify charges to care provided in the ED.
- Perform duties within legal and ethical regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain current patient demographics in the Trauma Registry
- Other duties as assigned.
Certificated Specialist Trauma Registry
High School graduate/GED
Associate degree in a health-related field or equivalent work experience of at least two years
Medical terminology is essential
2 years as a trauma registrar at a Level I or II designated trauma center
ICD-9(ICD-10) coding education
Previous Trauma Registry and Report Writing experience
American Trauma Society’s Trauma Register Course
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Reads and writes Basic English with skills to interpret physician orders and documentation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to change readily, and ability to serve as a resource to others.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to perform all essential job functions.
Capability to interpret a variety of technical instructions, evaluates technical data, and composes correspondence and work-related technical reports.
Basic knowledge in personal computers or other data entry system.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.