SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MO
Medical Technologist (MT) FT EVENINGS $10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $7500 Relocation offered to qualified candidates
Do you have a
passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a
fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory. Submit your application today!
teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for
creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the
well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your
knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee
discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285+ beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Technologist (MT).
- Under the general supervision of the Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/registered Medical Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- Performs waived, moderate complexity, and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by clia 1988.
- Performs post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting and verification.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science required OR Bachelor degree and certification in subspecialty area OR “Grandfathered” as a medical technologist by CLIA 88.
- MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), or as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I(ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required or must obtain ASCP certification within first 180 days of employment.
- No experience required.
If you are
looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly
qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities
and apply today!