SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider Doctors Hospital, committed to building a health community across the Augusta area. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 354-bed HCA facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center
, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was recently granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA).
Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. Doctors was recently the first hospital in the area to be designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery. And was one of 244 hospitals nationally to be named a top performer for Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Doctors Hospital was also recognized as one of only 17 hospitals in the state of Georgia placed in the Chairman’s Category, the highest category attainable, by the Georgia Hospital Association for clinical outcomes. This means that Doctors hospital scored in the top five percent of all Georgia Hospitals in patient outcomes for conditions including acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care improvement project measures.
And, as a part of the HCA family, you will be joining one of the country's strongest healthcare companies with over 165 locations across country, named on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and ranked 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Beyond the facility, Augusta is rich in history
and Southern charm. The Augusta Riverwalk
features live concerts, a Saturday market
, and more along the Savannah River, and the downtown
area is bursting with restaurants and nightlife. The city is also home to The Masters
, an annual golf tournament held each year during the first week of April.
We must provide quality care to have quality outcomes! We strive to do this together as a TEAM. We are ALL committed to these goals and strive to exceed them by living our mission and our WHY everyday!
We are committed to OUR success, therefore we would be committed to YOUR success as a new member of this team!
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Come and join our StaRN Residency Program! We invite new graduate RN's to apply for this unique opportunity. The next program will begin on February 2020 and is comprised of didactic training, high definition simulation and a clinical preceptorship.
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN program is a 10-14 week, PAID Nurse Residency program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital.
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5 to 7 Weeks (depending on specialty area):
- Instructor-led classroom training
- Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Self-directed / on-line learning
- BLS/ACLS Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- CPI Certification
- PALS, ENPC & TNCC Certifications (ED residents only)
- Meditech Training and Validation
- The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 5 to 7 Weeks
- Conducted at the hospital
- Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ)
- You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Nurse Residents continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend graduation
- Current Georgia RN licensure
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year is preferred
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.