DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
· Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
· Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
· Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
· Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures, per ACLS protocol.
· Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on all telemetry patients.
· Monitors special drugs, as per physician order.
· Assesses patients in an on-going manner, per patient acuity.
· Assists physician with procedures, as needed (i.e., thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices).
· Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
· Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
· Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere.
· Draws blood from venous lines.
· Responds in a customer friendly atmosphere.
· Answers call lights, performs hourly rounding and documentation of via initials.
· Responsible for physical appearance of the nursing unit including POU, Storage area,and lounge.
· Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
· Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area.
· Responsible for ensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
· Responsible for scanning patient armbands and administering medications via E-MAR.
· Responsible for entering orders via Order Management in computer and following CPOE orders.
· Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
· Responsible for maintaining patient safety goals
· Special Qualifications
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now