SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Eastside Medical Center – Snellville, GA
Charge Nurse (RN) – Neonatal ICU
Eastside is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical, dental, and vision package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) to join their Neonatal ICU.
- Demonstrates responsibility for all nursing care delivered on the shift.
- Coordinates assignments and provides resources for nursing care.
- Ensures that the patient care assignments record is complete and nursing care is completed.
- Assesses the skills of the staff and the needs of the patients while making nursing care assignments.
- Reinforces and supports unit and organizational goals.
- Provides input to Director/Coordinator on performance of the team members on assigned shift.
- Bases decisions on sound nursing judgment and meets nursing standards of care.
- Assists in education development of staff members.
- Understands hospital Patient Satisfaction and Customer Relations programs and the priority placed on daily interaction of all employees with respect to hospital mission and shared values.
- Manages concerns of patients, physicians, families, visitors, and all customers.
- Communicates with the nursing supervisor, Clinical Coordinates, or Director regarding concerns and issues encountered on the shift.
- Possesses leadership skills to lead, teach, guide, and assist, in the evaluation of staff on the shift.
- Provides or coordinates preceptorship of new employees and students.
- Assists in ongoing staff development; can assess limitations of employees and provide appropriate clinical experience and educational opportunities.
- Assists in cross-training of employees within the department.
- Accepts responsibility of position and demonstrates authority to direct employees.
- Provides follow-up on performance issues and provides timely feedback to improve knowledge and skills of employees.
- Demonstrates age specific care to the patient population served as per RN position description and assures appropriate age specific care is provided on the shift.
- Completion of accredited nursing program
- Current Georgia RN license
- BSN preferred
- Minimum three (3) years NICU clinical experience
- BLS – American Heart Association – required
- NRP (required within 6 months of hire)
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Previous Charge Nurse or Supervisor experience preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.