DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Postpartum
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
HCA Houston Clear Lake is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Postpartum.
What you will do in this role:
· Provides direct patient care to the postpartum/Gyn patients in a family-centered approach in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization, as well as guidelines of professional organizations.
· Overseeing and directing assistive personnel, and maintaining final accountability for the care given.
· Serves as the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
· When the need arises, this nurse will perform other duties within the scope of practice as assigned by his or her supervisor.
· Performs a complete nursing assessment with a special focus on the adaptation to postpartum and transition to parenthood, post op surgical recovery, and the female population with obstetrical or gynecological needs in order to establish and prioritize nursing diagnoses to create an individualized, evidence-based plan of care.
· Provides patient-centered care to address physical, spiritual, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and educational needs of the patients and designated family members in accordance with the plan of care, hospital policy, state and national regulations and recommendations, and guidelines of the professional organizations.
· Recognizes current and emerging high-risk obstetrical conditions and emergencies in order to respond timely and appropriately to provide the highest quality care for the mothers.
· Demonstrates behaviors required to promote infection control, risk management and cost containment.
· Provides patient education on-going from time of admission to discharge in order to support the mother in caring for herself and her newborn. Topics such as breastfeeding, post-partum depression, conditions for when to notify your provider or emergency services, and other obstetrical topics as indicated.
· Assures patients meet the physical and educational criteria for discharge.
· Provides the patients and families with appropriate referrals and individualized information regarding post-discharge community resources.
· Communicates with patients, families, and multidisciplinary team members, both verbally and in writing, to enhance team work and promote safety, security, and improved outcomes.
· Participates as a multidisciplinary team member in process improvement to utilize resources wisely, while creating and promoting a culture of safety.
· Assumes the responsibility for charging the unit, as needed, once designated as being competent as a relief charge RN.
What qualifications you will need:
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now