SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Mental Health Tech / MHT
Work Schedule: PRN
Green Oaks Psychiatric hospital celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106 beds, and 35 physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare, you will have access to resources that can enhance your career development and progression. Green Oaks Hospital is a place where one person can make a difference.
PRINCIPLE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promotes a safe and secure environment to provide for the safe delivery of care
- Assists in facilitating the treatment milieu
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to the treatment team
- Interacts with patient and family in an advocacy and informative role
- Accepts assignments to various patient units and hospital departments as census dictates, and will be available for various shifts as needed
- Participates in codes to protect the patient from harming self or others
- Participates in team meetings and Quality Improvement initiatives
- Transports patients as assigned
- Collects and delivers lab specimens according to policy
- Conducts walking/exercise and community groups
- Performs skin assessments and obtains vital signs
- Assists with ADL’s and toileting as required
- Monitors patient sharps and valuables and labels/handles appropriately
- Documents in patient medical record appropriately and accurately
- Adheres to hospital polices and procedures
- Performs other duties as requested or required
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
- Conduct reflects the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
- Preferred four years’ experience with psychiatric patients in a healthcare or treatment setting OR Completion of specialized training program (Certified Psychiatric Tech) OR Bachelor's degree in related field OR a Nursing student enrolled in clinical rotations.
- Current CPR and SAMA certification or attainment during orientation.
- Prefer experience and/or education in crisis stabilization, mental illness and/or chemical dependency. Strong communication skills in both oral and written format recommended.
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
Essential function of the job includes: Extended walking and standing daily, frequently carrying up to 40 lbs., ability to grasp, requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, full range of motion to include restraining patients to protect them from harm to themselves or others; some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids, hand-eye coordination, manual and finger dexterity.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.