DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
John Randolph Medical Center - Sign On Bonus up to 10k
We’re your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical centers. As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds—high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment.
1. Completes pre-operative assessments and interprets data to formalize an individual plan of care for surgical patients. Evaluates the patient's plan of care to insure positive patient outcomes.
2. Demonstrates competency in circulating cases as it relates to unit scope of care including planning and efficiently providing equipment and supplies based upon physician/patient needs.
3. Demonstrates competency in utilizing principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
4. Administers medications and solutions in the O.R. including monitoring the physiological status of patients.
5. Maintains accurate documentation to ensure accountability and accurate precise charging.
6. Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their perioperative experience.
7. Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
8. Participates in department on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
9. Serves as a professional member of the OR team and pursues own professional growth and development.
10. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
11 Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Required: Graduate of an accredited Professional Nursing program.
Required: Minimum one year experience as a Perioperative RN or completion of a Perioperative Nurse course.
Required: Current Commonwealth of Virginia licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse or eligibility for licensure through reciprocity.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now