SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
HCA-TriStar Eastside Medical
Center – Snellville, GA
Registered Nurse (RN) –
Eastside is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care
medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The
hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside
Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state
of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery,
orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and
HCA-TriStar Eastside also offers their full time and part time employees a total rewards package to support their health, life, career and retirement. Some of the benefits offered include 401K, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, along with Student Loan Reimbursement.
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered
Nurse (RN) – OR/Surgery.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific
standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and
- Assessment of postoperative care completed upon entry
of patient to the PACU
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual
patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan
of care: records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual
and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient’s physiological and behavioral
status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized,
documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between
departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of
understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain
scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for an assigned
group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated abased on
- Provides patient care with consideration of
professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilized
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and
precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy;
- Performs circulating duties according to departmental
- Assures that patient and side-site verification is
completed according to policy and procedure
- Participates in time out process for patient safety
- Communicates immediately with schedule coordinator any
changes in procedure or patient condition and potential delays.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for
patients and staff according to policy and procedure
- Demonstrates correct and safe technique in the use of
equipment according to policy and procedure
- Charges accurately for the use of supplies and
- When assigned to call, responds within specified
- Communicates with patients’ family/significant other on
an hourly basis and with any significant status change and appropriately
- May be assigned as charge nurse according to competency
validation and departmental needs.
- Current Georgia RN license
- BLS – American Heart Association - required
- ACLS – American Heart Association – required within 60
days of hire or transfer
- CNOR preferred
- 2-3 years Previous OR experience required
- Good communication skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.