DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
Position Summary: The Pharmacy Clinical Manager is responsible for designing, implementing and managing the pharmacy clinical programs. This includes formulary management, policy and procedure development and education across the healthcare spectrum. The Clinical Manager shall also assist in managing the pharmacy when the Pharmacy Director or designee is unavailable.
1. Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
2. Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
3. Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
4. Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
5. Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, costeffective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
6. Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
7. Support participation in daily multidisciplinary and bedside rounds. (may need to attend)
8. Identify, design and analyze drug utilization reviews to promote rational drug therapy and determines action plan based on results
9. Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
10. Develop, manage and mentor pharmacy clinical programs such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as determined appropriate based on patient population and literature guidelines.
11. Develop, manage and mentor antimicrobial management program (AMP)
12. Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely. Responsible for mentoring and education as well as ongoing analysis of interventions to insure accurate and appropriate documentation and provides summary reports
13. Support and participate in the goals of the organization’s quality improvement, risk management and patient safety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures and HCAHPS medication related initiatives
14. Responsible for design, analysis and reporting of adverse drug reactions, medication errors and pharmacy quality initiatives. Mentors others in their roles for these programs
15. Develop and actively participate in training and mentorship programs for pharmacists, pharmacy students, residents, technicians, nurses and physicians Responsible for assessment of participants in these programs MountainView Hospital Mgr Clinical Page 2 of 9
16. Develop and document staff competency on an ongoing basis and develop improvement plans when deficiencies in competencies are identified
17. Maintain professional competency sufficient to meet current and future needs of the facility Develop and manage specialty pharmacy practice programs as related to clinical pharmacy services
18. Effectively and proactively intervene in conflicts between pharmacy and medical staff regarding drug therapy issue resolutions.
19. Train and participate with Disaster Team drills and real-event response as assigned
20. Train and participate with Code Teams as assigned. Obtain and maintain BLS-ACLS or PALS current certification as appropriate.
21. Comply with all regulatory standards. Work with the Pharmacy Director and Operations Manager to identify and develop processes to meet or exceed all regulatory standards. Participate in quality and regulatory reviews and audits
22. Prioritize work and lead others to comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedure. Identify areas for improved efficiency
23. Work with the director to establish pharmacy goals and objectives and responsible for implementation and monitoring. Participate with various nursing and medical staff committees as necessary
24. In conjunction with pharmacy director and operations manager, responsible for staff performance evaluations
25. Act as manager in charge as assigned
26. Responsible for development and review of physician order sets and other evidenced based medication use guidelines
27. Responsible for routine publication of the pharmacy newsletter and/or other forms of written and electronic communication
28. Responsible for drug class reviews and drug monographs Responsible for managing and monitoring the drug formulary
29. Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of pharmacy clinical initiatives and share pharmacy operation responsibility with Pharmacy Operation Manager
30. Responsible for the development and review of pharmacy policies and procedures Provides oversight of staff scheduling
31. Participate in the design and update of pharmacy computer system programs relating to pharmacy, nursing and physician programs
32. Participate in the maintenance of pharmacy dictionaries including adding new drugs to the drug dictionary and Gold Standard formulary Charge Master maintenance
33. Perform other duties as assigned
34. Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
Supervisor: Dir Pharmacy
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Pharmacy Clinical Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 340-bed facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement: MountainView Hospital is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
B.S. or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, a Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred
ACLS certification is preferred
Active Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
Active Pharmacy Consultant license, or equivalent as per State requirements for a Pharmacy Director/Pharmacist in Charge, if facility pharmacy does not have a Pharmacy Operations Manager position available
Minimum of 1 year as a Pharmacy Clinical/Operations Specialist or one of the following:
At least 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience required; preferably within area of focus
Completion of hospital PGY2/ pharmacy specialty residency or fellowship
Specialty BCPS certification
Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP)
Hospital Pharmacy Management experience is preferredApply Now