Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist to help provide our patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team working hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, you'll find caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
Our hospital offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. And being a part of the much larger HCA system provides individuals with the ability to transfer within its 165 hospital network. This is a great plus to those whose lives take them to different parts of the country. A team of passionate, experienced healthcare professionals awaits you. Please visit employee testimonials to find out why our employees are excited to work for Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
What would you do in this role?
· Incorporates appropriate assessment, intervention skills, evaluation and equipment use/management in all interactions and delivery of care
· Communicates with patients, team members and management in an accurate, timely manner
· Reports pertinent, concise information; documents in a complete timely manner; appropriately uses computer charting/ordering
· Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives; organizes workload; collects/integrates data from multiple sources
· Develops and maintains human care relationships; acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments
· Incorporates teaching in delivery of care with a focus on health promotion; assesses barriers to learning; provides counseling about health behaviors
· Applies knowledge of the patient population served; proves age-specific care; applies knowledge of expected norms in planning care (i.e. VS, lab values, assessments, etc)
· Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction
· Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement
Education & Qualifications:
· Graduate of an accredited program for Respiratory Care
· Actively licensed New Hampshire Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) required
· National Board for Respiratory Care Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required
· American Heart Association BCLS and ACLS required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.