SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
All employees, staff of Las Palmas and Del Sol Medical Center in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and the community served.
Cardiovascular Services serves adult and geriatric patients with suspected or confirmed cardiovascular disease. Our patient population is multicultural and has a high prevalence of diabetes and renal disease. Care planning is individualized based on the patients assessed needs.
This position requires the staff member to be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide services within the scope of educational services, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria for adult and geriatric age populations.
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas & Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents, orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
- Maintains crash carts, defibrillators and pharmaceutical needs for the department.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care of the patients in Non-invasive stress testing and the Interventional Unit on a rotational and/or as needed basis.
- Plans and implements department inservice program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation.
- Assists Cath Lab Manager in daily assignments according to competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- RN licensed in State of Texas or Compaq State
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate
- BCLS certification
- ACLS certification
Minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma required.
Critical Care experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and external partners needs.
- Knowledge of dosages and Critical Care drugs, and nursing protocols.
- Knowledge of EKG arrhythmia and hemodynamic monitoring, and intra balloon pumping.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Cardiac Catheterization laboratory and Cardiology Service experience preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.