SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our ICU Step-Down team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
- Skill Mix: RN, Unit Secretary, CNA, Student Nurse
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, IVAC, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting Equipment, Nova StatStrip Glucometer, Pyxis, Crash Cart with Defibrillator
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0645-1915, 1845-0715); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend, Self-scheduling is available
- Designated Charge Nurse who does not typically take an assignment on the day shift
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
- Teaching hospital with a full complement of interns and family practice residents who are able and willing to assist with ensuring patients receive the highest quality of care possible.
At SPGH, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Founded in 1969, St. Petersburg General Hospital is a 215-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. St. Petersburg General is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds