Are you a new graduate nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU and your career?
Colleton Medical Center is proud to be the leader of healthcare services to Colleton and the surrounding counties. Our 135 bed facility is able to provide the most comprehensive care to improve the health of our community, and we have been serving the community for over half a century. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and offer a full-range of diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services.
We invite new graduates to apply for our StaRN New Graduate program! This is a 10-16 week program starting in February 2020 featuring didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles within Colleton Medical Center. During the 10-16 week program you will be considered a PRN employee. At completion of the program you will transfer to Colleton Medical Center and your time in the StaRN Program will count towards your eligibility period for benefits when hired full time as an RN with the hospital.
We offer a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, paid family medical leave, 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan, student loan assistance, certification pay and a huge opportunity for growth.
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year commitment to the facility. Failure to meet this may result in repayment of facility investment.
Departments offered include Med/Surg, ICU and ED.
Part 1: StaRN Program (First 10 – 16 weeks)
The program combines instructor-led classroom training, state-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debrief, and self-directed learning while the learner also completes a clinical preceptorship at the hospital in the unit the learner will be employed in once the StaRN program is completed. Parts of the program may require travel to an offsite training location.
Part 2: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of the 1st year after the StaRN Program
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Learners continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend graduation
Key values to the candidates:
· Access to Mosby Elsevier Core Curriculum, AACN Core Curriculum or Emergency Nurse Association Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum (depending on chosen track)
· Free Access to Lippincott Nursing Procedures and Skills during and after program completion
· BLS/ACLS Certification
· NIH Stroke Scale Certification
· CPI Certification, ECG, TeamSTEPPS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS (depending on chosen track)
· Meditech Training and Validation
· Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
· Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
· Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program.
***You do not need to have already graduated and/or obtained RN licensure in order to apply for the program.***
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school to start the program
Must have a South Carolina or multistate RN license to start the program
- Previous medical or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.