SHIFT: No Weekends
Sarah Cannon is the research arm of HCA’s global cancer enterprise. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world’s leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility is to identify, screen, enroll and consent study subjects, ensuring protocol compliance. Independently direct and manage research activities and be responsible for management and coordination of ongoing research study. Responsible for all data collection, source documentation, and completing study specific case report forms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the protection of study patients by timely adherence to protocol requirements/compliance.
- Uses the protocol as the only tool to screen, treat and follow patients.
- Reviews the study design and inclusion/exclusion criteria with physician and patient.
- Completes and documents the informed consent process accurately and have all parties fully execute the document including the HIPAA Authorization.
- Develops and identifies study recruitment strategies
- Identifies patients to participate in clinical trial
- Supports enrolling patients onto clinical trials through recruitment, screening, enrollment and follow up of eligible subjects according to protocol requirements
- Generates and tracks shipments and supplies as needed
- Ensures timely and accurate data completion with appropriate metrics
- Maintains accurate and complete records including regulatory documents when applicable, signed informed consent forms, source documentation, subject logs and study-related communications
- Leads the execution of trials for the research team
- Collects, completes and enters data into study-specific case report forms or electronic data capture systems
- Confirms patient eligibility and discusses discrepancies with physicians, nursing staff and laboratory staff
- Plans and tracks all assigned clinical activity in the lifecycle phases of the startup, interim and close out
- Educates clinic staff on protocol modifications and specifications as needed
- Creates study specific tools for source documentation including eligibility worksheets, screening checklists and capture blood and tumor sampling
- Interfaces with laboratory staff for lab supplies and processing
- Coordinates completion of activities according to protocol
- Reviews and responds to any findings and escalates issues defined by Sr. Program Manager
- Archives study documentation and correspondence per company policy
- Open to utilizing personal vehicle for the transportation of specimens (compensation provided)
- Knowledge: A body of information needed to perform tasks; May be obtained through education, training or experience
- Must have an understanding of analyze clinical trial data.
- Knowledge of FDA guidelines and GCP is required.
- Skills: The proficiency to perform a certain task
- Professional writing and communication skills.
- Organizational and prioritizing capabilities.
- Computer skills with ability using clinical trial database, electronic data capture, and MS Excel.
- Abilities: An underlying, enduring trait useful for performing duties
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills, detailed-oriented and meticulous
Minimum Required: High School Diploma (GED)
Preferred: Bachelor College Degree (4 yr program)
- Experience in healthcare, research or other science related field
- Experience in planning and managing clinical trial process, consenting and enrolling patients onto study preferred
Do you want to be a part of a team working together to fight
We are excited to speak with you about this phenomenal
opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.