DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac MedSurg (6South)
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
· The RN must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations.
· They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate clinical decisions and judgments quickly.
· Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and calculating medication dosages, and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the side effects and hazards of various pharmacologic agents administered.
· The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
· Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
· Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
· Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
· Prioritize work and duties and must work well under stressful situations
· Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
· Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome
· Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and assists with decreasing readmissions Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations.
· Delegate's patient care to license/ non licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
· Participates in Performance Improvement activity
What qualification you will need:
· Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (A.D.N/B.S.N)
· Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas;
· Basic BLS and ACLS from an AHA provider.
· one year of clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now