This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Licensed Social Worker to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Rio Grande Regional Medical Center – McAllen, TX
Licensed Social Worker – Case Management
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
• 24-hour emergency room
• Off-site Emergency Department
• Level III Trauma Center
• Comprehensive cardiovascular care
• 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Rio Grande Regional Medical Center is looking for a Licensed Social Worker – Case Management.
What you will do in this role:
· Responsible for evaluating admissions for appropriateness of setting and over/under utilization of resources.
· Serves as liaison with insurance and other payers. Identifies reimbursement and other financial issues, communicating information and initiating referrals for financial counseling.
· Collaborates daily with physicians, nursing and other disciplines in assessing implementing and evaluating the discharge plans of the patient.
· Facilitates patient/family teaching regarding patient/family/physician goals for discharge and post hospital care needs.
· Documents patient/family interactions and discharge plans in the medical record. Evaluation of psychosocial needs and crisis intervention as well as handling adoptions for the hospital.
What you will do in this role:
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
· Experience working with neonatal/pediatric patient population desirable
· Current licensure by the State of Texas Board of Social Work examiners through the Texas Department of Health
· Strong communication skills in both oral and written format. Flexibility to intervene on a moment’s notice. Ability to problem solve, and seek assistance from appropriate community agencies essential.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.