SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas
RN - Registered Nurse - ICU Float Pool - Critical Care Resource Pool
Schedule: Full Time Days
The Critical Care Resource Pool (ICU Float Pool) RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
About Medical City Hospital Dallas:
Medical City was the first hospital in North Texas to achieve magnet status and is a very “special” ANCC Magnet medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400+ in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission’s highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. We operate as a 796-bed
tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors,
you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our
benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
- Current Texas RN License or valid compact license
- BLS, American Heart Association required
- ACLS, required
- CCRN preferred
- Min 3 years of ICU/critical care experience required
- Must be able to work in any of the following areas: CVICU, SICU, MICU, NVICU, Telemetry, Progressive Care
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.