SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Medical Center
General / Robotic Surgical First Assist
Shift Details: Full Time Days with Rotating Weekends
Parkridge Medical Center, a 275 bed facility, has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopaedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga’s best hospitals for healing.
Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area’s most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
Parkridge Health System facilities are proud to be a part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. With 163 hospitals and 113 freestanding surgery centers across America and in the United Kingdom, HCA offers the widest variety of clinical and non-clinical career opportunities.
Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
- Demonstrates skill and consideration for the safety and welfare of the patient in performing surgical assistant duties
- Assists in the turnover of the OR room
- Assists in preparing the operating room and performs assigned support duties during surgical procedures.
- Assists team members in selecting and preparing routine supplies, instruments, and equipment for surgical procedures.
- Checks all instruments for workability prior to usage, displaying knowledge of instrument and content of set.
- Maintains and performs a count of sponges, sharps and instruments according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Handles specimens in accordance with acceptable infection control guidelines.
- Assists in returning equipment and instruments to proper locations following departmental procedures.
- Determines specific equipment needed per procedure and assists in procuring the equipment
- Selects and places x-rays for reference
- Assists in moving and positioning patients
- Insert and remove urinary catheter
- Placement of pneumatic tourniquet
- Participate in the time out process
- Drape patient within surgeon's guidelines
- Provide retraction of tissue and organs for optimal visualization with regard to tissue type and appropriate retraction instrument and/or technique.
- Assists in maintaining hemostasis by direct pressure, use and application of appropriate surgical instrument for the task, placement of ties, placement of suture ligatures, application of chemical hemostatic agents, or other measures as directed by the surgeon.
- Use electrocautery, mono and bipolar
- Clamp, ligate, and cut tissue per surgeon's directive
- Maintain integrity of sterile field
- Close wound layers per surgeon's directive.
- Select and apply wound dressings
- Assist with resuscitation of patient during cardiac arrest or other life threatening events in the operating room
- Perform any other duties or procedures incident to the surgical procedure deemed necessary and as directed by the surgeon
HCA TriStar Division
offers you a total rewards package to support your health,life, career and
retirement. Some of our benefits offered include
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Newly Extended Family
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
- Employee Stock Purchase
- Flexible Spending
We are an equal opportunity employer and we
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current TN licensure or National Certification as a: Orthopedic Physician Assistant or Certified ORT or RN Licensure or Doctorate of Medicine (corresponding with education obtained).
- High school or GED required; Graduate of Accredited Programs in: Physician Assistant, Certified Operating Room Technician (ORT), RN, MD.
- Current BLS required.
- One-year surgical assistant experience preferred.
- Robotic experience highly preferred
- Must be competent in first assisting responsibilities in an OR setting.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.