SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC)
delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
More specifically, our Behavioral Health Unit offers hope, help, encouragement and support for individuals with emotional, behavioral and mental health needs,including depression, chemical dependency such as drug or alcohol addiction, anxiety and many other issues. Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments. Also, our programs cover a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents age 13 and up, adults, impaired professionals and some geriatric patients.
Our Behavioral Health Unit:
- Patient turn over ranges from 3 – 7 days
- Provide the use of a gym, art room, and private consultation rooms for patient needs
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders have a passion for supporting team members in reaching their professional goals, maintaining a teamwork atmosphere, and delivering excellent patient care
The Multi Skilled Tech will be required to work in a combination of roles such in the Behavioral Health Unit.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide basic nursing care and perform all patient record and transcription activities.
Performs job tasks in a way that ensures personal, patient, and departmental safety.
Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
Documents required information according to hospital policy.
Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
Presents self in a professional manner.
Responds to Staffing Needs in other patient care areas as directed.
Interpretation of basic arrhythmias.
Uses computer proficiently.
- Associate's Degree or higher level education (preferred)
- Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant or license pending State Board approval (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider upon hire or within 90 days of employment (required)
- 1 year of hospital patient care experience (preferred)
- Previous experience working in an inpatient behavioral health environment (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift (7am-7pm)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.