SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN Schedule (hours vary)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Emergency Department. Submit your application today!
offer full-time and part-time employees an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work
with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock
purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in
the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the
beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process
that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community
when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad
range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants,
emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the
Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support
and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in
the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred
hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research
Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s
Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and
designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please
visit our website at www.sahealth.com and
select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Seeking an ED Critical Care Technician I with military healthcare training to join our team and be a part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The ED Critical Care Technician I performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowled geable of and follows all Hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
What will you do in this role:
- Consistently maintains adequate stocking and restocking to PAR levels of patient care supplies and equipment kept in the department.
- As delegated, sets up for Emergency Department procedures and assists the RN as directed.
- As delegated by the RN, operates patient monitoring equipment, records, rhythm strips, runs 12 lead EKGs, biomarkers and glucometer readings.
- Performs phlebotomy, collects laboratory specimens as ordered and inserts saline lock, foley catheter and nasal gastric tubes under the direction of the RN.
- Assist in patient care, obtains and documents vital signs, provides patient hygiene, maintains clear and respectful communications with patients, families and the healthcare team.
- Transports patients to radiology and nursing units utilizing appropriate transport and monitoring equipment.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
What qualifications you will need:
- 10 weeks of basic combat training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.