Psychiatric Nurse - RN - Adult Campus
Chattanooga, TN, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Valley Adult Campus, Chattanooga, TN
Member of the TriStar
Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else,
we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will
find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we
serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined
pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over
30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of
recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company by
Are you looking for an employer
with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to
the right place. HCA at a
A few of the benefits we provide
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and
Professional Academy- Emerging
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified
About this opportunity:
Are you interested in working with individuals that may be struggling with behavioral or substance abuse issues? At our Parkridge Valley Adult campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others in our inpatient hospital programs. Our Parkridge Valley Adult campus serves Adult voluntary and involuntary patients ranging in diagnosis and age. We have a Dual Diagnosis Unit, Acute Adult Unit, Geriatric and Senior Life Unit, and General Psych Unit. Our Nurses work conjunctively with our therapists, physicians, dieticians, and counselors.
- You will oversee and direct the care of
psychiatric patients within the designated unit.
- You will be the primary nurse leading the
collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated care for your
- This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting
personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by
- TriStar Parkridge Valley Adult Campus is a part of the HCA family and receive continued educations, family feel
work environment, support of the nations largest healthcare provider, and
career advancement opportunities within clinical leadership and or
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
- Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
- Displays understanding of family dynamics by responding appropriately to family members when needed.
- Participate in the initiation of master treatment plan along with other key program staff.
- Attend treatment planning meetings and conferences to participate in patient’s treatment process and progress.
- Participate in discharge planning and referrals.
You are encouraged to
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
- RN License (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required within 30 days of hire
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Current Registered Nurse in the state of Tennessee. Behavioral Health experience preferred.
Parkridge Valley, a two-campus behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Adult & Senior Campus
The Parkridge Valley Adult & Senior Campus focuses on treatment of psychiatric and addiction issues in adults. Services include inpatient, outpatient programs and partial hospitalization programs for mental health and/or substance abuse.