SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Texsan Hospital has ranked as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work for 3 consecutive years!
This is a new Hemodialysis Unit looking for experienced Dialysis RNs to help start up their new team. Sign on and relocation bonuses are being offered to experienced RNs!
Methodist Texsan Hospital excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital’s 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain Certification. The hospital has also been recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
Critical factors to your success include:
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
The Registered Nurse (RN) IV is the patient and patient’s family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224).
Essential Job Functions:
- Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process, to include:
- Assessment: Conducts ongoing focused physical, psychosocial, and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
- Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn, and incorporates family into the plan of care.
- Implementation: Prioritizes and implements an efficient nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluations, recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed, and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient care team members on patient care plan, incorporating consistent use of hand-off communication and SBAR communication methods.
- Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Maintains an orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients. Recognizes and reports errors or unusual occurrences, and initiates corrective action when appropriate.
- Makes accurate, complete, and timely entries into the patient medical record addressing all steps of the nursing process. Actively communicates with members of the healthcare team, patient, and patient family.
- Maintains current nursing knowledge to assure a safe working environment.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
ALL of the following:
1) Minimum of twelve (24) months clinical experience working as RN in specialty area of hire.
2) Approved for and maintains requirements of the MHS Nursing Clinical Excellence program RN level IV.
3) BLS and ACLS