Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success.
Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Speech Therapy team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 741-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center's 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) is responsible for performing comprehensive patient evaluations of cognitive communication, swallowing, voice, speech, hearing, and/or language, as ordered by physicians. Once the evaluation is complete, the SLP is responsible for developing a plan of care and providing services in a manner appropriate to the patient population, including geriatric, adult, pediatric, and/or neonatal. This includes continual assessment of progress toward goals (standardized, non-standardized, and instrumental), training of specific compensatory and/or facilitative strategies to patients and caregivers, and/or education on these disorders with appropriate referrals to other disciplines. The SLP may be required to make a professional determination regarding the patient’s candidacy for independent reintegration into the community or workplace after injury or illness, based on prognosis and therapy goals. They must be able to appropriately document the evaluation and treatment plan, describing a treatment strategy, its purpose, and the anticipated outcome. All of this must be accomplished in a semi-autonomous work setting, with minimal supervision of daily tasks in establishing and fulfilling patients’ plans of care/treatment.
1. Responsible for all aspects of patient care including evaluation, plan of care, treatments, education of patient/family, communication with physicians, and documentation of patient care.
2. Completes video flouroscopic swallow studies according to policy and procedure in a safe manner
3. Develops and implements effective treatment programs in consultation with physicians.
4. Treats patients in accordance with Speech/Language Pathology standards of care and practice.
5. Performs evaluations such as bedside swallowing evaluations, accurately and communicates results timely to all appropriate members of the healthcare team.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable speech language treatments.
7. Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
8. Maintain performance improvement activities within department.
10. Manages and performs treatment techniques safely and correctly.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
13. Maintains current licensure and registration with National and State licensing boards/guidelines.
14. Participates in developing department goals/objectives and employee engagement action planning.
15. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
16. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as requested by manager.
17. Assists with new hire orientation, training, special events/projects.
18. Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values.
A. Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section I
B. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with Patient, Staff, Physicians, Community
E. AHA BLS certification within 30 days of employment
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruitment team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.