SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career
opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity
for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Clinical Research Coordinator.
HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent,
patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: the care and
improvement of human life.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive
salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our
team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan
repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management
solution for HCA Healthcare. We lead a collection of
highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders
who are committed to excellence in every patient interaction. Are you excited
Click here to learn more
Seeking a clinical research coordinator for our practice who
provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality,
efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other
and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) assists the
principal investigator (PI) and sub investigators with all aspects of study
implementation. Although the CRC is responsible for coordination of all
activities related to clinical trial implementation, the CRC can only perform those procedures for which
he/she is qualified by training and/or licensure.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT
NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinates all research study activities
with the Principal Investigator and has no direct nursing care
- Coordinates and manages clinical studies
according to OHRP and FDA regulations, as well as, ICH Good Clinical
Practices and IRB requirements.
- Assess each proposed study protocol
- Facilitate administrative review and
approval of proposed studies
- Develop tactical study procedures
- Develop any necessary study documents not
provided by sponsor or IRB
- Educate HCA staff regarding research and
- Screen and recruit patients based on
- Explain study protocols, procedures and
treatments to patients and families
- Conduct the Informed Consent process in
conjunction with study investigators
- Ensure that an original copy of any
subjects Informed Consent Document is the in the research binders, as well
as, a copy on the subject's medical record.
- Provide/coordinate the highest level of
contact, counseling and support services
- Coordinate study activities and patient
care with medical staff
and adhere to study protocol
- Perform Phlebotomy and IV procedures
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis,
monitoring tests and procedures, shipping frozen specimen
- Execute medical orders within parameters
of education, training and licensure
- Conduct study activities helping to ensure
all safety parameters
- Maintain patient records in EMR and appropriate hospital records
- Assess and report adverse study events,
including the IRB and any research sponsors
- Complete all paperwork affiliated
with the study, including but not limited to the requirements of the facility,
the IRB and the study Sponsor.
- Maintain copies of all research related
- Conduct study activities helping to ensure
all safety parameters.
- Ensure that all protocols activities are performed
by approved research staff and ensure protocol compliance.
- Maintain professional relationships with
sponsors, Clinical Research Organizations, research teams, pharmacies,
laboratories, IRB’s, and hospitals
for the coordination of research activities
- Acquire continuing education pertinent to
research and their licensed profession
- Ensures compliance with and knowledge of
the company’s Code of Conduct by all subordinates to ensure an ethical
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct”
philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Outstanding technical writing skills and understanding of medical terminology/research
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, clinical and administrative staff and the public
- Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions,
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
- Ability to understand and follow basic scientific research protocol and procedure
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), email, internet
- Advanced understanding of data management processes
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data, policy and procedures
- killed in the use of computerized systems and databases
- Knowledge of government regulations and compliance issues regarding clinical research and protection of human subjects (e.g. “Common Rule”, “GCP”, etc.)
- Knowledge of medical coding and billing procedures in a physician practice setting.
- Private transportation is required
- CCRC preferred
- RN License or Bachelor’s degree in health related field preferred
Minimum of one year clinical research experience preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our Practice Managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.