SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Career opportunities are extensive for top talent; Controllers have room to move and grow their careers. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the country and many of today’s leaders got their start within the Physician Services Group.Job Summary:
With 14 division offices stretched across HCA's footprint, Divisional Controllers provide crucial insight into business operations through analyses of practice operations, review of performance benchmarking and assisting in business forecasting. You will interact with Physician Services financial management and HCA Division leadership regarding financial and operational activities. This oversight includes financial projections and reporting, practice evaluations, economic strategies, budgeting, policy support and development. Division Controllers lead the development, implementation and evaluation of company accounting standards and processes. Additionally you will lead and delegate duties of division financial analysts and corporate accounting.
- You will be responsible for overall supervision of division finance personnel.
- You will manage and evaluate performance to ensure quality of services and maintain technical expertise of workgroup personnel.
- Direct and review all activities relating to job duties.
- Drive timeliness, accuracy and completeness of financial reports to meet specified deadlines.
- Oversee activities of field analysts and corporate accounting.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and report standard financial data sets.
- Prepare various reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position.
- Conduct physician contract reviews to validate all payments.
- Provide management (to include Physician Services leadership, Division leadership, & Hospital CFO’s) with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Review monthly journal entries as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
- Review monthly financial variance reports to support practice operations with performance reviews.
- Review monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Assist practice operations as needed with financial information requests and questions.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of monthly reports or returns required by regulatory agencies.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Assist in preparing various reports or returns required by regulatory agencies.
- Assist with internal compliance audits as required.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management.
- Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of departmental accounting standards.
- You will participate in ongoing professional development activities to remain informed of changing industry trends and government regulations.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- You will have a strong knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems.
- You will have knowledge of the financial accounting process.
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information.
- Knowledge of accounting information systems.
- Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- You will have skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational goals.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Skill in interviewing and hiring personnel.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You will have the ability to communicate and establish relationships at all levels of Senior Management
- Ability to delegate work effectively.
- Ability to identify and delegate work appropriately
- Ability to analyze financial reports
- Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines
- Ability to interact with other individuals at all levels of management
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in accounting or other business-related field.
- Five years of progressive accounting/financial experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferably three years in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.