SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with a passion for providing excellent nursing care to achieve the best outcomes for your cardiac and medical patients? Then apply now to join the Interventional Care Step Down Unit (IVCU) at Chippenham Hospital.
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a HCA facility, which ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Provisional Level I Tauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
Chippenham's Interventional Care Step Down Unit:
- 10 bed step down unit
- Pre and Post Cardiac Cath patients
- Heart Failure patients
- Patients from the ED, CCU, Cath Lab, Angio
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1 to 3
What Sets Us Apart:
"I can learn something new every day, and I really like cardiac patients!" - PW
"We treat all of our patients like they are our own!" - SF
"This team is like a small family!" - LH
"The patients are happy with the care we provide and give us positive feedback!" - KB
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS and PALS certification (preferred)
- TNCC (preferred)
- 1 year of nursing experience, ideally in an acute care ER environment (preferred)
- 12 hour shifts
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
At HCA we are committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: Patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. To achieve this, we are active, we are kind, we are fully engaged and we are compassionate. We work with integrity, share our skills and never stop learning.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.