SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse – RN – Behavioral Health – Psychiatric Nurse
Full Time Nights
Medical City Green Oaks Hospital
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Green Oaks Psychiatric Hospital currently has exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses that have a heart and passion for Behavioral medicine. We currently have opportunities for full time RN positions for those who enjoy working with all patient populations. The hospital has a Psychiatrist on campus 24 hours a day for consultation regarding patients. The Physicians work very closely with nursing staff for collaboration on patient care needs.
We are seeking experienced Nurses who have a heart and passion for behavioral medicine. Our nurses have the ability to multi task and have critical thinking skills, which allow them to take initiative when needed. We seek nurses who have high energy that can work in a fast paced environment providing compassionate care to our patients.
Green Oaks Hospital:
Green Oaks Psychiatric hospital celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106 beds, and 35 physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare, you will have access to resources that can enhance your career development and progression. Green Oaks Hospital is a place where one person can make a difference.
- Psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital with more than 25 years of service
- The hospital provides services for adolescents, adults, and seniors
- Provides Employee Assistance Programs, community education and training as well as outreach services
- WorkReturns Program is a unique treatment program pioneered at Green Oaks assisting patients’ transition back to work following physical or psychological disability
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
The Psychiatric RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be obtained during orientation.
- Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization, age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and chemical dependency is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format recommended.
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.