Registered Nurse Flower Mound Freestanding ER
Lewisville, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: Part-Time
The Flower Mound Emergency Center provides the same stat-of-the-art, life-saving resources as a hospital-based emergency room. It is close to home and has a minimal wait time. The 24 hour freestanding ER also has 12 private rooms (including pediatric and women’s health emergency rooms), advanced testing and imaging technology and a pharmacist on staff. It is owned and operated by the Medical City Lewisville, a Magnet® designated facility.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse – RN – Emergency Department - ER or ED provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Manages pain, low complexity medical conditions and high complexity medical conditions
- Initiates prescribed treatment plans
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Performs nursing care consistent with the needs of pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients requiring treatment and care
- Current licensure as an RN or compact license
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Obtain ACLS, ENPC and PALS certification within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of one year of recent experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. Enroll in BSN program within 6 months of hire and obtain in 36 months
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.