SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Our Pulmonary Renal Care Unit:
- 24-Bed Unit
- Pulmonary Renal Unit is a Stroke designated unit that delivers care to those patients with acute onsite chronic illness and conditions
- A supportive environment focused on fostering patient experience, educational opportunities for staff, teamwork, and a family oriented culture.
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting team members in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
Under the direction of a Department Director, Nursing Clinical Coordinator, Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Nurse Tech responsibilities include:
Accountable and Responsible for Clinical Judgment
Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide patient care under the direction of the professional nurse.
Documents required information according to hospital policy.
Maintains neat and organized work place.
Assists with admission/transfer/discharge process.
Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
Stays abreast of new information pertaining to hospital/unit function and policies.
Adheres to hospital and unit policies
Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- High School Graduate or GED (required)
- Related healthcare experience (preferred)
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.