SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
Strategy & Innovation Overview
HCA’s Strategy & Innovation Group (S&I) sits at the intersection of HCA’s corporate and division leadership, supporting the development and execution of strategy at every level of the organization. S&I’s primary focus scans across four priorities:
- Discover. The dynamic identification of new opportunities to drive HCA’s forward-looking strategy
- Develop. The effective development of strategic initiatives for implementation at scale across HCA.
- Execute. The development of consistent, standard processes and support models for planning and initiative execution.
- Inform. The constant evaluation and monitoring of strategic positioning and effectiveness.
Group Vice Presidents – S&I (Group VPs) have developed the experience and leadership skills to support and shape HCA’s strategy through leadership engagement, project delivery and thought leadership. Group VPs work directly with HCA’s Group and Division leadership, providing insight and guidance to help solve their biggest challenges, define and execute plans and roadmaps and ultimately shape HCA’s strategy. Group VPs are responsible for thought leadership across projects, initiatives and strategic focus areas supporting and guiding teams to scope and deliver solutions. They are also responsible for the culture and operations of the S&I team, working to ensure that S&I has effective processes and develops its team to be future strategic leaders.
- Provide big-picture thought leadership across projects and teams as well as between HCA leadership and functional areas to solve HCA’s biggest challenges with original, impactful solutions
- Lead strategic initiatives and oversee the development and delivery of deliverables and solutions across a portfolio of projects and teams, inside S&I and beyond.
- Drive clear hypotheses, breakthrough analyses and actionable strategic insight for organizational impact and HCA’s strategic direction
- Active role in leadership engagement - understanding priorities & challenges, acting as a trusted advisor, solving problems, developing plans and roadmaps
- Establish and maintain external relationships as needed to support and advance HCA’s strategy
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of HCA - strategy, structure (matrix), organization (divisions) – with ability to connect, shape and define HCA’s strategic direction
- Maintain strong expertise and understanding of HCA’s strategy with recognition as a thought leader within HCA
- Shape the culture of the S&I team as well as support the ongoing operation of the S&I team in areas such as recruiting, training, portfolio management, quality assurance
- Manage members of the S&I team, providing guidance and direction for performance, skills development and advancement
MBA/MHA or other advanced degree required
12+ years progressive healthcare system strategy experience; experience in consulting and with multi-hospital systems preferred
- Ability to solve complex conceptual, operational and strategic problems with big-picture mindset
- Strong project management skills to oversee and guide teams in project scoping and execution
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Commitment to service
- Ability to manage upwards
- Proactive in driving change and continuous improvement
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mindset
- Commitment to development of others and self