SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
While serving as a cornerstone amongst the northern Utah communities for the past 60 years, Ogden Regional Medical Center has created a deeply-rooted tradition of excellence and caring. The 240-bed facility provides a full spectrum of top-quality services, including a Level II trauma center, certified stroke center, cancer treatment center, alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and much more. Nationally recognized, Ogden Regional’s maternity care ranks in the nation’s top 5 percent, and its cardiology services include accreditation in echocardiography, atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure.
Ogden Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Ogden Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Ogden Regional sits at the heart of the mountains, with more than six ski resorts within an hour's drive. Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, Ogden offers the lure of outdoor living and the culture of city life. Plus, with a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital offers a central location to meet the whole family's needs.
Registered Nurse ICU PRN
The ICU Nurse is responsible for processing and coordinating the flow of updated patient information and unit activity. This position deals with confidential information of a critical nature on a routine basis.
- Duties are primarily carried out on ICU, but occasionally will be required to perform duties in other areas of the hospital.
- Complete nursing assessments on individual patients by observation and interaction with patient/significant others to identify physical and psychosocial.
- Does complete and accurate patient admission assessment within the guidelines by the Patient Care Policy on Physical Assessments.
- Completes prescribed nursing interventions and procedures within state practice guidelines.
- Evaluates and documents each patient's response to medications, interventions, and procedures. Assists in formulation, coordination, and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the assessment of their individual needs.
- Safely and accurately administers medication and IV solutions by utilizing e-MAR scanning. Acts in accordance with their professional licensure and hospital policy. Maintains patient safety during all aspects of nursing intervention and documents safety measures in patient's medical record.
- Responds appropriately to all emergencies, and follows standard precautions for all patients.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards that govern delivery of patient care in compliance with the established state, federal, corporate, hospital, and nursing department regulations and accreditation standards.
- This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category.
- They must also be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families from birth to death according to standards.
- Performs treatments/procedures and administers medication within state practice guidelines.
- The employee needs to participate in the department’s unit councils and quality improvement programs by identifying, collecting, analyzing, and documenting the
- Follows-up with other associates, other disciplines, physicians, and others staff members are necessary.
- Current Utah RN or RN license in a compact state.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- Required to have graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- 2 years clinical nursing experience or the equivalent required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.