Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical
Port St Lucie, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Per Diem .001 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FLorida
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint
Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA
has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our
tradition of excellence!
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Current licensure as an RN or
Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.