SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
· Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
At North Suburban Medical Center, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients & our people. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options & a people-focused culture?
You've come to the right place. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest & most compassionate way. We’re proud of our focus on quality & patient safety.
Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2018
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score for 5 straight quarters
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• First hospital in Colorado to become Sepsis Accredited in the fall of 2016
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
North Suburban Medical Center in Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations. We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care. Our Values: North Suburban’s core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you. We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work. We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do. We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities. We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community. We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring you receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort during your stay. Although many of the staff will not have the privilege of meeting you directly, they are working together to speed your recovery.
Position Summary: The lead Registered Nurse coordinator must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for his/her patients, and may function in the role of charge nurse. The OR RN accepts responsibility for their surgical specialties when functioning in the coordinator role, including ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining preference cards, and planning for new needs in that specialty. The lead coordinator develops criteria for all surgical service line coordinators, evaluating the effectiveness of their service line coordination. The operating room requires specialized skills and/or serves specific age groups, which may include adult, adolescent, geriatric, or pediatric populations. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based in the physical, psychological, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Staff Registered Nurse, OR may rotate to areas other than OR, and will perform only those duties for he/she has demonstrated competency. The Staff Registered Nurse, OR, performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC. The Staff Registered Nurse, OR displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire Health One Organization.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required) (BSN preferred)
- Current Colorado RN License (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1-2+ years experience as an Operating Room RN (required)
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
· We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
· Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.