SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemAre you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Our Registered Nurse teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia’s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
- Offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia’s Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Tucker 2 West – Addiction Recovery and Treatment Services (ARTS) and Substance Abuse Unit
20 Semi-private beds
1:4-5 staffing ratio
Team nursing approach
Get involved in brand new programming following the ASAM model
Staff have a particular interest in and enthusiasm for addiction recovery
Fast-paced unit requiring excellent organization and focus
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient’s signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 2 years of nursing experience in a hospital or behavioral health setting (required)
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.