SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
looking for a Surgery RN- DAYS to join our Team at Tulane! Apply today!
currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus and a $5,000 Relocation Bonus to
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assesses patient thoroughly and accurately; assesses patient, family, significant other for educational needs about disease process and treatment; identifies appropriate methods of assessment related to age group; understands normal ranges of physiological standards for age group.
- Documents patient assessment, medication administration, changes in patient’s condition, teaching, level of response and method(s) used within unit/department-specific guidelines.
- Individualizes plan of care related to patient diagnosis/condition and age group. Participates in interdisciplinary/discharge planning, including any educational needs into plan of care.
- Implements plan of care, performs ongoing assessments and revises plan of care based on assessment and/or changes in patient condition; involves patient in treatment plans and utilizes equipment required for treatment/procedures appropriate to age group; requests consults as needed; educates patient, family or significant other about disease process and treatment.
- Evaluates the effects of any interventions and adjusts care accordingly; performs systematic and ongoing assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness of instruction/teaching with patient, family or significant other.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective delegation as governed by the LA State Board of Nursing and policies of TUHC.
- Utilizes time during work hours to maintain safe, clean work environment, help others with patient care, participate in QC checks of equipment, minimum end of shift overtime recorded, participates in PI monitoring; demonstrates prudent use of supplies/equipment.
- Completes all mandatory, regulatory, hospital and unit-based requirements for position by due date; attends 75% of scheduled staff meetings; participates in unit based, department based, or hospital based committees.
Learn more about working at Tulane Medical Center where above all else we
are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
more about living in New Orleans and working at Tulane. http://www.neworleansonline.com/
Full Time Employees include:
Dental, & Vision Insurance
with employer match
Paid Time Off
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Qualifications for OR RN:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment on Adult Critical Care Units, Emergency department and Post Anesthesia Care Unit. PALS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment in PICU or within 18 mos. of employment for unit-specific standard. Current CPR certification.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Registered Nurses.
Experience: One year in area of practice preferred by not required.
Hours: 0645-1515 with Call on Weekdays, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.