SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women’s services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
Labor Delivery Recovery Post Partum
- 10 bed unit, 2 Surgical Suites
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for newborn risk factors.
- Carries out physician orders. Rounds with physicians.
- Cares for patients requiring newborn care, feeding, IV, medications, respiratory care including stabilizing and preparing for transport.
- Manages and assesses the patient’s pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician with delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for outstanding patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families. Encourages Family Centered Care.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Benefits we offer:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required.
BSN degree preferred.
Current licensure as an RN in VA required.
Current certification as an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required and NRP required within 3 months of hire.
1 year of Labor & Delivery experience required.
2 or more years of Labor & Delivery experience preferred.
Experience with high-risk ante partum care preferred.
Certification in obstetrics or mother/baby nursing preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.