SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Lake City Medical Center has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City
and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are an over 90-bed
comprehensive care facility offering medical and surgical programs including
24-hour emergency care, heart care, orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and
rehabilitation services. Lake City Medical Center is the area's only Accredited
Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology.
We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer
on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years. We have been named the
area's Best of the Best Hospital 18 years in a row!
Provides all nursing care during Cardiac Catheterization. Assumes responsibility and accountability for several patients during a designated time frame while following policies and procedures of Lake City Medical Center. Prioritizes and organizes patient flow to ensure best utilization of time. Is given general guidance and is expected to function with initiative and sound judgement to provide quality services. Demonstrates effective safety practices. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and Medical Staff. Demonstrates competence when performing other related or licensed functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process. Participates, cooperates, and helps develop unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains, and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel. Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s rights to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge of all invasive procedures and prepares patients appropriately according to policy.
- Maintains knowledge of all diagnostic tests and report abnormalities to the Physician.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Associate degree required
State of Florida license for Registered Nurse or appropriate compact licensure. If
compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
ACLS required within 90 days of hire
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
1 year acute care experience required
1 year critical care experience preferred
2 years hospital experience, Moderate Sedation experience
PCI experience in a level II Adult Cardiology Services
An EEO/AA Employer
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.