SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland - Pearland, TX.
Patient Sitter – Emergency Department.
Work Schedule: PRN/As Needed
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland is a 53-bed acute care facility which features surgical
suites, cesarean-section rooms, a general nursery, a Level II neonatal
intensive care unit, 3D digital mammography, and a 24-hour emergency
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland has
partnered with The Woman’s Hospital of Texas to provide women in Pearland
convenient access to the highly regarded, specialized services of The Woman’s
Hospital of Texas. HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland is affiliated with HCA
Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers,
emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus
Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care
centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland is currently
accepting applications for Patient Sitter – Emergency Department.
- In collaboration with licensed staff, organizes
patient care to accomplish required functions.
- Environment: Maintains a safe room and patient care
space, adhering to reduction in ligature risks and completion of safe room
- Personal Needs: Assists with personal needs
including feeding, bathing and elimination ensuring the safety of the patient
- De-escalation: Acts to minimize stimulation and
- Escalation: Identify behaviors that have potential
for patient or staff harm and escalate to licensed persons, security and calls
code grey when aggressive behavior escalates.
- Restraints: Assist with application, removal and
monitoring of restraints
- Monitoring: Maintains monitoring forms and
observations per unit standards
- Security: Ensures room and patient safety
- Assists in the orientation of new staff as needed.
- Applies principle of infection control in the
provision of patient care activities.
Washes hands, may require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
during various tasks/activities. PPE
includes, but is not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks, and safety
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Completion of and/or current enrollment in a CNA,
Psychiatric Technician, EMT, nursing or related program preferred.
- Psych Tech exp. highly desired.
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- BLS required
- CPI required to be completed during orientation