SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The Senior Financial Analyst prepares and analyzes various operations and financial reports, with a specific focus on Bundled Payments. Reports directly to the OSG AVP, Strategic Analytics. Works closely with Operations and Service Line Group (OSG) Controller, Bundled Payments AVP, and OSG Operations and Finance Director.
- Contributes to the development, testing, and implementation of operational and financial data collection and measurement tools by combining internal and external data that drives Bundled Payment strategies while identifying and creating automation opportunities to increase reporting efficiencies, leading this effort at times
- Assists with financial analysis and ad hoc reporting and works to develop and report on physician gain sharing models used in conjunction with the Bundled Payments programs.
- Assists with reviewing reports that are prepared by the vendors responsible for patient navigation, care redesign, and PAC Network development.
- Assists in preparing monthly Bundled Payment reporting, MOR summaries and presentations, and JOC summaries and presentations.
- Assists in verifying the CMS reconciliation data and NPRA (Net Payment Reconciliation Results) results under the Bundled Payment programs.
- Engages in decision-making where changes in operational processes will have data and/or reporting implications
- Prepares and analyzes data from multiple sources and compiles into meaningful reports and presentations on a regular basis
- Proactively partners and provides strategic recommendations for the growing Bundled Payment service line through data and analytics and participates in the roll out of service line strategic initiatives.
- Will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for Bundled Payment data at HCA and will be a part of the Bundled Payment service line’s initiative to better use episodic data across the Enterprise. This includes but is not limited to: CMS claims data, Medicare LDS, data received from participation in an ACO or CIN, etc.
- Working with OSG leadership, this person will create financial analyses and ad hoc reporting that supports the Bundled Payment service line’s long- and short-term strategic projects.
- Serves as the key point of contact for OSG constituencies, including Bundled Payment service line leadership and ITG resources who are developing Bundled Payment data.
- Maintains daily and monthly reporting systems
- Practices and adheres to HCA Healthcare’s Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement
- 3-7 years, preferably within HCA
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of data collection techniques and interpretation. SQL knowledge and experience is desired.
- Able to navigate HCA’s financial and analytical reporting systems
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze data and prepare estimates
- Skill in examining documents, reports and stats for accuracy and interpreting the accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to perform well under tight deadlines
- Requires extended hours working at a PC
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.