Come join us at Chippenham Hospital! We are a 466-bed acute care Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility located on the Southside of Richmond. We are a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a provisional Level I Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
Do you want take your career to the next level by working at one of the leading hospitals in Richmond, VA? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are proactive, goal oriented team player in search of extra shifts or a flexible schedule the PRN Vascular Technologist position is for you.
The responsibilities of the Vascular Technologist include but are not limited to:
1. Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing duplex imaging, spectral waveform analysis, and plethysmography according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies.
2. Compiles reports to communicate
test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of
preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
4. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
5. Correlates non-invasive test results with other modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
6. Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
7. Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
8. Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
9. Takes call after regular hours.
10. Assists with education and training of new staff as requested.
11. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
12. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 178 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “World’s Most Ethical companies.”
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.