SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Radiology Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Radiology Technologist - Imaging
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
POSITION SUMMARY Under the direction of the Chief Radiologic Technologist, the Director of Medical Imaging, and the Staff Radiologists, the Radiologic Technologist is responsible to safely and proficiently perform diagnostic imaging procedures and related patient care according to, government regulations, physician orders, policies and procedures of the Medical Imaging Department, and policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Understands and follows established radiation safety rules. Always uses appropriate radiation safety devices to protect self, others, and the patient.
- Consistently produces diagnostic quality films without assistance or supervision. Uses good judgment in seeking assistance or supervision when it is needed.
- Consistently uses correct exposure techniques or refers to posted techniques. Shows ability to adapt techniques to various imaging situations. Has minimal repeats due to technique.
- Always selects high kvp for thick anatomical parts to insure adequate penetration and to reduce heat load on the x-ray tube.
- Uses minimal rotor times to protect tube filaments from overheating and premature burnout.
- Adapts techniques to short exposure times on children and uncooperative patients to eliminate motion.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current registry with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.)
- Texas Medical Board License
- BLS is required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.