SHIFT: No Weekends
Division Director of Quality and Patient Safety
Cardiology and Orthopedics
Medical City Healthcare
direction, analytical and QM/RM support for initiatives and projects at the
system, service line level including but not limited to data analysis, QM/RM
facilitation/problem solving, process improvement, and coordinating the
implementation of process to assure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with physicians, hospital
staff, and hospital and division executive team to address complications
and opportunities for improvement identified through data analysis and
leading teams through best demonstrated practice and evidence based
- Team leadership, group facilitation in a
health care setting.
- Coordinates collection, interpretation,
and analysis of clinical service line data to ensure compliance with
- Identifies and validates the accuracy of
the service line’s data collected. Analyzes and compares results against
regional and national benchmarks and presents findings to care teams, councils,
executive teams, and committees as appropriate.
- Coordinates registry dashboards with
corporate and national benchmarks.
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance
issues required, including, State Health Department, CMS Conditions of
Participation, QM and peer review statutes, TJC, OSHA NQF.
- Seasoned Judgment – apply broad
knowledge and seasoned experience when addressing complex issues.
- Financial Acumen – understand the
meaning and implications of key financial indicators; using financial analysis
to create and evaluate strategic options and opportunities.
- Influencing and Negotiating – promote
ideas and proposals persuasively; shape stakeholder opinions; project a
positive image; work through conflicts; negotiate solutions.
- High-Impact Delivery – deliver clear,
convincing and well-organized presentations; project credibility and poise
even in highly visible, adversarial situations.
- Cross-Functional Capacity – understand
the role and interrelationship of each organizational function: have
experience and skill in managing across functional and organizational
- Establishing Strategic Direction –
securing information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant
to achieving a long-range goal or vision; establishing and committing to a
course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after
developing alternative courses of action based on logical assumptions and
factual information and taking consideration resources, constraints, and organizational
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and includes 14 hospitals, 8 off-campus emergency rooms, 11 ambulatory surgery centers, more than 4,400 active physicians and 17,000 employees.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related field or comparable experience required.
- Master’s degree in healthcare
or related field preferred.
- Certification in Quality (CPHQ) preferred. Must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Maintenance of current RN/NP licensure and certification.
- Quality management and /or risk management techniques, team leadership, group facilitation and statistical/data analysis required.
- 4-5 years in acute care hospital quality/risk management at a director level.
- 1-2 years experience with quality improvement as a team leader and/or facilitator.
- Experience with The Joint Commission and other regulatory standards and with organization-wide survey preparation.
- 3-4 years experience with data analysis in a healthcare setting.
- Supervisory/management experience preferred.