DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, clinicians, technicians and analysts who represent all dimensions of a learning healthcare system. CSG works in support of HCA Healthcare Divisions and Facilities to promote clinically-excellent, patient-centered care. We foster collaborative and innovative practices to resolve complex clinical issues. As the healthcare landscape continues to change, CSG will remain at the forefront of developing new strategies, tools and tactics to fulfill HCA Healthcare’s mission.
The Manager of Data Analytics, Care Delivery & Performance, collaborates with the Director of Data Operations, IT&S Clinical Systems Product Development, DCNEs, CNOs, and Executive Nursing Leadership to execute on the development and continuous improvement of actionable and streamlined nursing data assets in support of nurse leaders. This role will support the Corporate Care Delivery Team with the integration of nursing data assets into nurse leader workflow in support of performance management initiatives. The Manager of Data Analytics leads the development roadmap, leveraging Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) concepts. In addition, this role must be able to inform business decisions by developing and/or managing just-in-time, actionable data visualizations. The Manager of Data Analytics must be able to take direction for tactically appropriate data and information models, possess superior analytical and SQL query skills, have excellent communication skills [both written and verbal], possess servant abilities, have relationship building skills, portray a professional presence, and possess a proven track record of delivering high quality analytics results.
• Function as the senior domain expert for data generated by nursing activities
• Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of nursing data assets, including data platforms, metrics and visualizations
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with Nursing Documentation Standards and Care Delivery Teams to ensure nursing data products support clinical operations
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with IT&S Data Architects and ETL Developers as the team lead for development activities
• Manage a program of work and a team of data analysts
• Partner with IT&S to identify, and ensure compliance with, a joint business/IT&S development model
• Responsible for compliance with Internal Audit standards for information protection and business processes
• Inform nursing data quality improvement initiatives in partnership with IT&S and Data Quality Management Teams
• Participate in the professional development and support of Division Nurse Analysts on the subjects of nursing data
• Effectively communicate complex data concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Conduct high level analysis of metadata to identify areas of opportunity for use, utilization, performance improvement associated with initiatives, indicators, metrics, measures, or outcomes in any of the nursing data products
• Collaborate with members of Care Delivery Team to develop future state products
• As a team member, participates in the development of a Care Delivery & Performance culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values service, on-going learning, and a commitment to the high values of HCA Nursing
• Perform other related duties as assigned, in order to support the Care Delivery & Performance Team and Manager of Data Analytics
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
• College Degree and 4 - 6 years as data analyst in a complex environment
• 2-3 years product development
• Proficient in database management and programming languages, such as SQL
• HCA-based systems experience is a plus Management Work Experience
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Training preferred
• Excellent presentation and communication skills [verbal and written] are essential
• Proficiency in multiple reporting technologies including but not limited to Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Excel, etc.
• Proficiency in database management and programming languages, such as SQL and Python
• Results-oriented individual with a demonstrated strong commitment and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Possesses interpersonal skills to work in a high profile and fast paced team environment
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects within deadlines
• Proven ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
• A comfort, or even preference, for an environment of discovery and uncertainty
• Commitment to using all HCA resources wisely and efficiently to serve the needs of HCA Nursing
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.