SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means no nights, no weekends, or on-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
ASD Surgical Technician
few of the benefits we provide you:
Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical,
Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match
based on tenure)
- New Extended
Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock
- Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or
specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in
accordance with AST (Association of Surgical Technologist).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of
surgical procedures to enable proper performance of scrub duties and to
anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery by
checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Assists with patient positioning, skin preparation, and
surgical draping according to surgeon’s protocol.
- Assists with application of dressing splints and casts.
- Ensures that surgical asepsis is maintained in the
handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings.
- Assists in the turnover of the O.R. suites between
cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and
environmental surfaces, as required.
- Prepares procedure room for use the following day by
bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately,
and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
We are an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred).
· One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center).
· Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred.
· Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.***Online certification not acceptable.