SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
A few of the benefits we provide you:
Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
New Extended Family Leave and PTO
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Discount Program
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by verifying benefits for scheduled patients. The Insurance Verifier interacts with the Scheduler to obtain necessary patient information from physician’s offices. The Insurance Verifier also determines how much money to collect from the patient up front and what reimbursement is expected from the insurance company.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs insurance pre-certification, verification, interviews patients prior to surgery, and documents information accordingly.
- Verifies all patient eligibility, authorizations, benefits, claim information with insurance companies, and 3rd party payers prior to surgery.
- Determines patient portions due, amounts to be billed, contractual discounts to be taken, or any other authorized discounts that may apply. Communicates this information with appropriate personnel for preparation of the pre-admission process.
- Identifies all patient accounts accurately based on what PPO, HMO, or other Managed Care Organizations the patient’s insurance plan might fall under.
- Contacts patients and provides updates on benefit verification information, requests additional information, insurance cards, and explains to the patient his or her financial responsibility such as co-pays, co-insurance, co-deductibles, at time of service.
- Accurately completes data entry necessary including authorizations and benefits as well as patient communication in the appropriate module of AdvantX.
- Makes financial arrangements after consulting with CBO Director/BOM when patient is unable to pay amounts due in full the day of surgery.
- Notifies CBO Director/BOM of any insurance carrier information changes.
- Maintains insurance plan request database; ensuring data is entered accurately and in a timely manner, as determined through facility processes.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organization – Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- Communication – Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
- Customer Orientation –Maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Decision Making – Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of the Center’s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Policies & Procedures – Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
- Technical Skills –
- Knowledge of surgical procedures/medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance companies and insurance plans, contracts, and co-pays.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the facility policy regarding payment arrangements and upfront collections.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of college or courses in secretarial skills preferred.
- One or more years of working experience in a healthcare environment performing clerical duties, business office functions, or billing duties in a hospital or physician practice setting required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.