SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Pre Admission Testing
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What will you do in this role:
- The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times, and maintains good employee /peer relationship and teamwork
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process , prioritizes care and evaluates outcome.
- Prioritize work and duties and work well under stressful situations
- Demonstrates good communication and customer service skills with patienst, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
- Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and assists with decreasing readmissions.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activity
- Document all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations
- Delegates patient care to license/ non licensed nursing staff based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program
- BSN preferred
What qualifications you will need:
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas
- Basic BLS, PALS, and ACLS from an AHA provider
- Six months to one year of clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred
- The RN must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations. They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate clinical decisions and judgments quickly.
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and calculating medication dosages, and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the side effects and hazards of various pharmacological agents administered.
- Provides care or services for the following age group/groups: Infant (0 - 1 year) Pediatric (1 - 16 years) Adult (17 to 64 years) Geriatric (65 years +). This position may from time to time require that patients outside of the normal age group/groups be cared for. In this event the person should consult available resources to provide the appropriate care.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three
consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want
you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our
recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.